Education does not stop after college graduation. It is now estimated that many of today’s college graduates will be self-employed at some point in their career. They will have ideas and enthusiasm, but may lack the business know-how they need to succeed. The Enterprise Center
is here to help them.
Salem State is very much part of the North Shore community, including the regional economy. The university’s Enterprise Center supports alumni and other entrepreneurs, small business owners and managers by providing up-to-date workshops and other programs on business-related topics. Its offerings support companies and nonprofit organizations at all stages of growth, from solopreneurs to multi-million dollar businesses.
With 53,000 square feet of office and light manufacturing space on Salem State’s campus, the Enterprise Center offers:
- Workshops (most are free)
- North of Boston business plan competition
- CEO groups: Facilitated, confidential, sounding-board discussions and peer advice for CEOs
- The Growth Project: Seminars, mentoring and CEO groups for fast growing million-dollar companies
- Next Level Initiative: Seminars, mentoring and CEO group for smaller companies
- 128 Venture North breakfasts: Where investors and those seeking funding meet
- Young Entrepreneurs of the North Shore: Supports our area’s future business leaders
- Million Dollar Women: Annual recognition of successful women with inspiring personal stories
Charitable support will help the Enterprise Center to:
- Develop new programs
- Upgrade our technology to enable expanded online learning programs
- Support our fledgling young entrepreneurs program
- Host networking events to create and expand business ideas and collaboration
- Serve more nonprofit organizations seeking ways to operate with maximum effectiveness
- Create a robust mentoring program
The Salem State Foundation maintains a close partnership with the Enterprise Center. While the Enterprise Center is a separate non-profit, the gift activity flows through the foundation’s financial system. For more information on how to give to the Enterprise Center, please contact Eileen O’Brien at 978.542.7529 or at email@example.com.