One thing you won’t find in a Salem State classroom is a teaching assistant leading the class instead of a professor. That’s because Salem State University is first and foremost a teaching university. Faculty members foster a dynamic learning environment where every student is known, heard and inspired to excel. With a student-faculty ratio of 16-to-1, students always have access to their professors and opportunities for one-on-one engagement. We’re proud of the wide spectrum of accredited academic programs, with offerings at the graduate and undergraduate levels. Our efforts ensure that our graduates are critical thinkers from a liberal-arts framework, who begin their careers with workforce ready skills.
We seek $5.5 million in charitable support to fuel our academic efforts:
- Establish endowment support for our schools and colleges
- Secure academic accreditations for key programs such as the Bertolon School of Business
- Expand internationalization of the campus and curriculum
- Renovate the Mainstage Theatre to create the Sophia Gordon Center for Creative and Performing Arts
- Seed new programs, including interdisciplinary and doctoral programs
For more information, please contact Cheryl Crounse, campaign manager, at 978.542.7527 or email@example.com.